IT Innovation Center Charter
Commercially market technological innovations from Columbus State University’s (CSU) IT staff through the CSU IT Innovation Center, which promotes student success and institutional leadership in partnership with the CSU Research and Service Foundation.
- Joint research to enhance private, public partnerships
- Provide experiential learning and job opportunities in IT for CSU students
- Offer advanced IT services to state & regional small businesses
- Build CSU’s reputation as an education technology leader
- Develop and launch 2-3 innovations per year (During first three years)
- Create an environment to promote excellence within IT staff and allow them to work with leading edge technology
The IT Innovation Center will function as part of Columbus State University’s Information and Technology Services with funds being processed through the CSU Research and Service Foundation. Specific role responsibilities are as follows:
- CIO and VP of IT – Serves as the liaison between the IT Innovation Center, Clients and the CSU Executive Leadership Team. Provides general support to team and Administrative Coordinator as needed. Ensuring adherence to vision and goals.
- Executive Director of Operations & Infrastructure – Along with the CIO and VP of IT, serves as a liaison between the IT Innovation Center, Clients and the CSU Executive Leadership Team. Provides general support to team and Administrative Coordinator as needed. Ensuring adherence to vision and goals.
- IT Innovation Center Advisory board will advise the IT Innovation Center leadership on improvement and strategies for success. The board consists of five members represented from executive leadership of CSU and external organizations approved by President and Vice President of IT/CIO.
- Administrative Coordinator - Assist with SOW, MOUs, and all Operating Agreements created between clients and CSU. Compiles meeting minutes. Monitors communication with clients. Manages all aspects of meetings conducted on site, including identification of meeting location, keeping meeting on schedule, compiling documentation and correspondence with clients and providing feedback when requested. Manages all administrative duties as needed.
The IT Innovation Center is informally chartered by CSU Research and Service Foundation of CSU and will provide progress updates as appropriate to the Executive Leadership Team through the VP of IT and CIO.
The IT Innovation Center Team will meet every Tuesday as needed to update members on the standing of any ongoing projects. Meeting dates and times may be adjusted as needed at the consensus of team members. Time for completion of work will vary based on the individual needs of each project.
IT Innovation Center Team
Team consists of designees from UITS. Each department from within UITS may designate appropriate individuals with the requisite skill, understanding, and commitment to effectively contribute to the IT Innovation Centers project.