Project Management Office
UITS is involved in numerous activities that effect the campus in many ways. In order to better coordinate activities and resources, UITS implemented a Project Management Office (PMO) to establish project management framework, methodology, and processes for a consistent approach to managing projects. Activities and request for service are considered a project if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Requiring more than 80 hours to complete.
- Requiring involvement by and/or work from one or more departments.
- Requiring funding of $25,000* or more.
- The project's product, service or result has high visibility and/or major initiative by the Administration and/or the university.
* $25,000 limit set to match state's requirement for competitive bidding and posting to Georgia Procurement Registry
Once the request is identified as a project, a Project Charter form needs to be completed. From the Project Charter a Project Manager is assigned to the project. The Project Manager will be the UITS individual responsible for seeing the successful implementation of the requested service or product.
Need UITS Project Engagement?
UITS 2017 Project List
- CSU Strategic Plan Hierarchy Chart
- Project Management Process Training
- Project Management Process Table
- Project Management Glossary