Project Management Office
UITS is involved in numerous activities that effect the campus in many ways. In order to better coordinate activities and resources, UITS implemented a Project Management Office (PMO) to establish project management framework, methodology, and processes for a consistent approach to managing projects. Activities and request for service are considered a project if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Requiring more than 80 hours to complete.
- Requiring involvement by and/or work from one or more departments.
- Requiring funding of $25,000* or more.
- The project's product, service or result has high visibility and/or major initiative by the Administration and/or the university.
* $25,000 limit set to match state's requirement for competitive bidding and posting to Georgia Procurement Registry
Once the request is identified as a project, a Project Charter form needs to be completed. From the Project Charter a Project Manager is assigned to the project. The Project Manager will be the UITS individual responsible for seeing the successful implementation of the requested service or product.
- CSU Strategic Plan Hierarchy Chart
- Project Management Process Training
- Project Management Process Table
- Project Management Glossary