Instructions for Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Connect to an SSID.
Mac/iOS/Android: CougarWaveSecure or CougarWaveOpen
Gaming Console/TVs: CougarWaveOpen (use a computer to register these devices)
- Open your browser and go to an external website. (ex. www.weather.com)
- You should get redirected to the registration page.
If you are not redirected to the registration page, click here or type https://devicereg.columbusstate.edu into your browser.
- Read the Acceptable Use Policy and click "Agree" or "Disagree."
- On the Welcome screen, select "Users who already have a CSU account."
- Log in with your CSU username and password.
- Once logged in, you will see your device inventory. This is a list of all the devices you have registered on the CSU network. Use the "Click here to register this device" button to register the device you are currently on. If you need to register a different device, such as a gaming console, use a laptop and select the "Register another device" button and input the MAC address. You can find a demonstration of "How to find a MAC address" on YouTube or Google.
- Once your device is registered, it should show up in your device inventory. It can take several minutes for your newly registered device to be added to your inventory. You can also delete devices you have previously registered using this page.
Note: Some devices will require that the wireless be turned off and back on while other devices may require a reboot to complete the registration process.